Performance & Results
Mebajeona Stud Farm underwent an overhaul starting 2007 in order to up grade the quality of broodmares and stallions. The farm literally stared a new chapter in its 44 years (2007) of operations and made huge investments in importing broodmares each year till 2014 in order to boost it’s broodmare band.
The mantra has been very simple ‘QUALITY OVER QUANTITY’ and this approach showed almost immediate results with a host of Group performers and high class handicappers.
Mebajeona sells it’s horses at very genuine affordable prices which keeps our clientele very happy since the farm has had consistent results year on year. Bear in mind the fact that the highest number of yearlings we have sold since 2007 has only been 12!!
The key to measure success in horses just like any other business is the Return On Investment. In our case, we can very proudly state that our clients have had a good run with our horses in that regard.
Some of Our Principle Winners
(7 wins and placed 6 times from 13 starts, `1,19,671,805) incl.
- The Gitanjali Indian 1000 Guineas, Gr1
- Fillies Championship Stakes, Gr1
- Deccan Bookmakers Golconda 1000 Guineas, Gr2
- Deccan Bookmakers Fillies Championship Stakes, Gr3 and placed incl.
- 3rd Indian Oaks, Gr1.
(10 wins and placed) incl.
- The Hindu Golconda 1000 Guineas, Gr2
- Rank Aqua Golconda Oaks, Gr2.
(Bangalore Oaks, Gr2)
(Calcutta 1000 Guineas, Gr3)
(11 wins and placed, `75,52,078) incl.
- The Pratap Stud Darley Arabian Million, Gr3
- The Kr. Rajendra Singh Memorial Golconda Juvenile Million, Gr3
- The Radheysham Jhunjhunwala Memorial Juvenile Million and placed incl.
- 2nd The Suresh Mahindra Multi-Million Trophy, Gr3
- 3rd The Deccan Bookmakers Golconda 2000 Guineas, Gr2
- 3rd The Suresh Mahindra Multi-Million, Gr2 etc.
(5 wins, `26,15,600) incl.
- The VIF Godolphin Barb Million, Gr3, and placed incl.
- 3rd Pratap Stud Darley Arabian Million, Gr3.
(8 wins and placed) incl.
- Jaychamraja Wadiyar Trophy, Gr3
- 3rd Neochem Golconda 2000 Guineas, Gr2
(3 wins and placed) incl.
- Godolphin Barb Stakes, Gr3
- 3rd Byerley Turk Stakes, Gr3
Alameda - dual classic placed and multiple group placed
(4 wins and placed, `55,66,642) incl.
- The Asian Racing Federation Million and placed incl.
- 2nd The Deccan Bookmakers Golconda 1000 Guineas, Gr2
- 2nd The Bangalore Oaks, Gr2
- 2nd Byerley Turk Million, Gr3
- 2nd The Godolphin Barb Million, Gr3.
(8 wins and placed, `36,45,525) incl.
- Byaculla Club Trophy and placed incl.
- 3rd Idar Gold Trophy, Gr3 and 4th Indian St. Leger, Gr1.
(2 wins, `12,43,597 and placed) incl.
- 3rd Deccan Bookmakers Fillies Championship Stakes, Gr3
- 3rd The Golconda Oaks, Gr2
(winner and placed 3rd Indian Champagne Stakes, Gr3)
2 wins and placed incl.
- 2nd Forbes Breeders’ Juvenile Championship, Gr3
(Golconda 1000 Guineas, Gr2)
(4 wins, and placed in numerous group races since our purchase, £3.7 Million) incl.
- Hongkong Champions Mile, Gr1
- Singapore Airlines International Cup, Gr1 - TWICE in two years) and placed incl.
- 2nd Singapore Airlines International Cup, Gr1
- 3rd Hongkong Champions Mile, Gr1.
(5 wins HK and Australia and stakes £559,183)
(5 wins incl. city races at BRC and GCTC)
(3 wins A$93000)
(4 wins incl. a mid week city race in Sydney)
(6 wins in New Zealand)
(3rd Blue Diamond Prelude, Listed in Melbourne, Australia)
BREEDING / PINHOOKING SUCCESS ABROAD
- ALBANILLA - Mare bought for £55000 and exported to Australia. Subsequently yearlings sold for A$160000 and $450000. She has a weanling by Maurice and is in foal to Snitzel in 2021
- ADVISO - Mare bought for £70000 and exported to Australia. Subsequently yearlings sold for A$180000 and $150000. Currently in foal to Shalaa in 2021
- JUST DIVINE - Mare bought for A$45000 and subsequently foals sold for A$17500, A$120000, A$200000. She has a weanling by Mikki Isle in 2021
- BRISK - Bought for £65000 and exported to Australia. Subsequently sold in foal to Exceed And Excel for A$350000.
STAR SILK, MY SONG, BE MINDFUL and RAPOSA RAPIDO were all bought as weanlings and thus a 100% strike rate to winners.